Monday, November 20, 2006

ahem....

Ok all you lurkey turkeys....although I cannot believe you didn't post to tell us what you're thankful for, I'll let it slide. I just wanted to take a minute and share an email I received from a new friend and all around great person named April. We will ONE DAY travel together to pick up our daughters. I'm glad to have her on our support team!

I was feeling pretty down about a week and a half ago. I was in, what I'd call, a BAD baby funk. Our five month waiting anniversary was nearing, and instead of being excited, I just thought doom and gloom! Satan was saying, "Who cares about five months? Don't you get it? You'll be waiting for at LEAST two times that amount more!" and "Hahah, you this THIS will be your last childless holiday? Think again!" Man, that doubt got me going. I posted on our Yahoo group about my blahs and there they were to the rescue...April included. Here's what she wrote.

I felt so bad when you were bummed last week. I couldn't think of anything to say that didn't sound trite. So, I wanted you to know that God sees your pain. And, he does in fact answer prayer! Seek him Rett! Go to bat for all us waiting moms!!

I think waiting for ANYTHING is one of the hardest things ever. I had been dealing with an issue lately and I have read a ton of books to help me understand and to glean from their wisdom things that God has taught them. One thing, among a million, that stood out to me was , "God is more interested in changing me than he is in changing my circumstances." -Joyce Meyer. That is so hard. Ultimately, God cares about getting us ready for eternity, whatever that means:-) He wants to make us more like his son. But, as I have been reading and reading and reading books and my Bible. I am more convinced than ever about God's love for us- people. Over and over again in the Old Testament people did the most vile things and God would be ready to destroy them. Then, they would repent and he would reduce/change his punishment. He does the same thing for us. Rett, he loves you so much. He has plans for you, plans to prosper you and plans to give you a great future Jer 29:11. He is so proud of you that you want to love one of his children- an orphan. A little girl that you are going to introduce to the love of Jesus. You want to know why you are discouraged, because Satan is attacking you. Do you think he wants to see you joyful? No Way!! Do you want to know why? Because the joy of the Lord is our (your) strength. Nehemiah 8:10 When you are full of joy, you have the strength of the Lord. The other conclusion I come to is if you are depressed and miserable, you are weak. That is how Satan would like to keep you! Kick his butt, Rett!! You are so funny!

April help me put things in perspective. And I think some of her encouragement can trickle right down to you! The Joyce Meyer quote was the best. "God is more interested in changing me, than he is in changing my circumstances." Could this be true for you as well? Are you feeling kind of down about your situation? God hears your cries, sees your heart, and loves you totally. Just understand...He's all about changing YOU........NOT the situation you're in!

Have a great week everyone!

Description

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to remind you, you are five months paper pregnant you have four more months to delivery, that will be in March. I think I have mentioned something about March before. I know the waiting is hard, Thank you to April, the scripture in Jeremiah has been one that has helped pull me through some hard times. I hope it does the same for you and we know He is watching over our "Abby". I'm convinced this time next year we will be enjoying our Abby.
Hang in there!
Love, Mom Kyna

Anonymous said...

In my Apples of Gold stint, when we had the 'Children' lesson, Laura Hazlett gave me a frame with that same scripture from Jeremiah in it. I had shared my struggle and she knew that lesson would be hard for me. But she wanted me to know that scripture and CLAIM it!!! He DOES have plans for you, Rett! And, darn it, I have to believe He has plans for me, too. I know that aching feeling all too well, but KNOW that He DOES have plans to prosper you and He WILL give you a future...a future with Abby! 'Nuff said. Thanks for letting me post a blog on your blog! HAHA I need to meet this April. Sounds like she's 'good people!'

Anonymous said...

hello sweet tater, ... whats that old saying that is so true'' A FRIEND IN NEED IS TRULY A FRIEND INDEED AND APRIL SURE FILLED THAT NEED. THANKS TO HER AND ALL THAT HAVE BEEN VERY SUPPORIVE TO YOU AND TONY. OUR ABBY GIRL WILL BE SO BLESSED WHEN SHE GETS HERE WITH HER LONG LIST OF FRIENDS AND FAMILY. LOVE TO ALL FROM RETTS FAMILY AND THANKS FOR BEING THERE FOR TONY AND HER AND OUR BLESSED ABBY GIRL. MOM AND DAD SADLER

Anonymous said...

I love you guys! Take heart, God really is in control, and I'm sure His timing is perfect. I know in hard times that sounds cliche, but its the truth. I'll be around the week before Christmas, so maybe I'll be blessed with seeing you guys. Take care.