Hey ya'll! I was so very thankful for each one of you who commented that you missed our posts! It means a lot!! I want to catch you up a bit on our little corner of the world. (I think a bullet-style list would be best here!)
- All three kiddos in our house graduated and moved up. Abby and Laney graduated pre-school and headed to kindergarten. So far, kindergarten has gotten about a one thumbs up approval. They think the math "...is not great fun." and find it all rather boring. YIKES! I assume this is because they have had preschool for two years and since this seems to be review for them, there isn't a lot of excitement. Hayleigh, however, has moved on to 7th grade! She loves the new challenges and the fun social perks that go along with the freedom. She's also playing volleyball, and doing an amazing job at it! Are we ready for them to grow up? NO WAY. I'll save the "OMGoodness, she's a pre-teen and we're not ready for all that goes with it" post for next.
- As Tony posted in picture-form, we had a fun summer. Hayleigh and I taught at Safety Town again this year. It's an awesome program that teaches kindergartners about all things safety related. Hayleigh was a HUGE help this summer. She read to them, taught some of the curriculum, and just helped out in general. We work with a few Sheriff's deputies and they think a lot of her too.
- We also vacay'd in TN with my family (and Tony's family came too!). It was good to see family that we hadn't in a while. The girls had fun with all of their cousins too!
- The summer was filled with other fun activities like a birthday pool party, a fairy walk, and a concert (NKOTB, baby!) And really, I feel that although the girls (Abby and Laney) have been with us for nearly four years now (WOW!) this past summer has done the most for us as far as attachment. It is fun for me to finally say, I have two full-on Mama's girls now! LOVE THIS!
- One of the best things we did, as a family, was host some children and a chaperone for the Children of the World Choir. They are a part of the World Help organization. We hosted two gorgeous little girls. Asmita is eight and from Nepal. She was full of spirit and such a stinker! We LOVED her! Irene is 10 and from Uganda. Irene's smile could light up a room, and her prayers were so tender and loving. She melted my heart! We also hosted a chaperone, Auntie Carla, from the Philippines. She was such a caring adult. She was once a sponsored child, herself, and wanted to give back by being a chaperone. Although the three of them only stayed three days, they impacted us for a lifetime. They spoke to us about the need for wells and clean drinking water abroad. They also showed God's great love. These young children gave us a taste of what Heaven will be like.
- Moving...as in a big move...if God would say so. Which may mean a change of career for one or both of us.
- Adopting again! Woot woot!
- Homeschooling. I'm all about this, right now.