Sunday, July 19, 2009

She's ALIVE!!!

But barely...hehe...

THANK you for the few of you hanging in there with me! My surgery was two weeks ago tomorrow and I'm just now feeling among the living.

A week ago I had a scare because my incision appeared to be opening. Who knew that this was a possibility? Raise your hands if you knew this. Ok, you, now come over here so I can smack you! It resulted in a Sunday night trip to the ER and another trip to the doctor's office an hour and a half away on Monday. I'm ok now...just over this darned incision.

Now a new development is occurring that would prove to be TMI for this blog, so I'll refrain from sharing it. However, please pray for me. Pray that I would be over and past all this maddness. Poor Tony, and my parents are running ragged trying to take care of me and the girls. And the girls...it's breaking my heart. They know they can't get rough around me, or heck, barely hug me. When I ask for a hug, Abby says, "But you have a boo-boo. I can't hug you." GRRR. And tonight, Tony was trying to do some laundry and pick up a bit and my poor girls just watched some kids play outside knowing they couldn't go out. It was incredibly sad. I had planned this week to sit outside and let them play and play on the swingset, but with the latest wrinkle in healing, I'm not sure if I'll be able to. We all need some serious prayer.

Before I sign off, I want to be clear. God is GOOD...all the time...
I'm praising Him for...a successful surgery, a speedy hospital stay, an over-the-top wonderful husband, loving parents, special friends (who pray, send cards, and yummy dinners!), patient daughters, and His timing.

But I won't lie...I'm SO over this. And I'm sure Tony would say the same!

Thanks for hanging in there with me. Give me some time to heal, both mentally and physically, and I'll be back. Trust me. I have enough hysterectomy humor to last several posts! Love you guys!

Description

8 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

You poor thing! It's so hard for us moms to lay around and be helpless! It's bad enough when we have the flu...much less major surgery!! You will be up and hoppin' soon and your family will appreciate you even more than before!

Treva Olivero said...

We'll keep praying for you. Love you guys!
Tony and Treva

Jill said...

Saying some prayers for ya girl! Glad to hear you are hanging in there. Great to hear from you!
Hugs, Jill

Chris and Sarah said...

I was even starting to wonder if you were still alive.

I'll give you a call sometime today.

IzzyBeth said...

We love you guys and we are praying!!! FEEL BETTER SOON!!

Tom and Vickie said...

Yeah, Tony! I bet you're ready to not be such the "nurse" anymore. :-D I'm sure Rett appreciates all of your help and support. I can't imagine what you are going through, but you are still in our thoughts and prayers. It has to get better because it can't get any worse, right? Well, let's hope not. Our thoughts and prayers will still come your way.

FinsUp said...

Take care of yourself! It sounds like you have an amazing support system. How wonderful is that?

Adeye said...

Oh my, that is soooo tough. I am standing with you and trusting for a speedy recovery, friend.