Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy 14 month anniversary to us!

So today we "celebrate" our 14 month waiting anniversary! Should we be happy or disgusted about that? Right now the time frames are at 21 months, but they creep up a month at a time each month. So next month, they will be at 22 months. It's just NEVER ENDING!

On a positive note, Kristy said this past weekend she saw a bunch of ladybugs!!! For those of you who don't know, ladybugs are a sign of good luck in the Chinese adoption community. I thought it was pretty neat that A) she saw them and thought it was special enough to tell us! and B) she saw them this time of year!!! Maybe, just maybe that means something big is on the horizon!! Ok, so maybe if we all close our eyes, and wish really hard, God will hear us and BAM! Abby will be on her way!!!

A really neat thing that Tony and I got to experience was the meteor shower this past weekend. It was Sunday night about midnight and I asked Tony if he was still awake. He mumbled something incomprehensible and I told him I was going to go out and see if I could see any meteors. He turned over and said he'd go with me. So there we were, sitting on our back deck, from 12:15 a.m. until about 1:15-1:30 looking at the night sky. It was warm, and just so nice to be sitting there together reflecting on life. I know it, so don't say it...once we become parents we'll fall into bed so tired we'll NEVER get up to look at the stars like that! Well, it was a wonderful experience filled with beautiful skies, shooting stars, and the love of my life. It was a nice salve for some childless wounds we have been dealing with.

Other than that, I'm now back to school and feeling tired and a bit overwhelmed. It too, shall pass! And hopefully, those ladybugs mean I'll get to SKIP school for MATERNITY LEAVE!! Hahaha!

Anyway...there are lots of things to thankful for. We are so blessed. There are many other struggling with things in your careers, families, relationships, etc. Just know, I am praying faithfully for all of you!

Description

1 comment:

Josh and Cammie Delph said...

It's getting closer! Glad you guys had a good vacation, too.