Thursday, December 09, 2010

Shallow.

I'm in a bloggy blah mood...but I think it's because I don't want to talk about deep topics.  I feel kind of shallow right now.  I wonder if God is going to do a work in me soon?  Here am I, Lord send ME!

So in the mean time, I stole this from Jaime at Fearfully.Wonderfully.

I totally stole this from Whitney at The Glamorous Life of a Housewife

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Under the tree, I like wrapping paper.  There is something about tearing open a gift that a gift bag just doesn't deliver.  I have memories of sitting in a wrapping paper flood.  Honestly, I would like the smell of wrapping paper to come as a candle scent.  Don't judge!  Ha!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Growing up, it was artificial all the way!  And my mom was a bit of a matchy girl.  The tree was either all shades of blue, red, green, etc, depending on her mood.  I loved it.  I love personalized ornament trees too, so we do both in our house now!  And yes, all on an artificial tree.  But I want a real one next year.  When we first got married, we got the plantable kind.  They were SO heavy, but such good memories!

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the night of Thanksgiving.  This year?  The week BEFORE Thanksgiving!  I love it!

4. When do you take the tree down?  I have taken it down Christmas night, or at the latest the next day.  Once Christmas is done, it's done. 

5. Do you like eggnog? Yepper!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Cabbage Patch Kids and Pound Puppies.  (That was Jaime's answer and those were favorites...but my  most favorite?  My pink and gray ten speed bike.  Oh yeah, I was cool!

7. Hardest person to buy for? My mom and dad.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My kiddos (all THREE this year!!!)

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? You can email them and it's ok to do so?  I must investigate this!  I want to do that!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?  Hmmm..Gold shoes.  Thanks big sister, Renee!  (wait, that was for my birthday, but it still counts!)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story, and Charlie Brown's Christmas
 
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Black Friday...or randomly before.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.  Ok, um, Yes.  Go Green!  (heheh)

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies! 

16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? White lights!  But if we get a real tree next year, I think I'll throw caution to the wind and go with colored lights!

17. Favorite Christmas song? There isn't one I don't like.  Seriously.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to my parents and his family's Christmas.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen.  And of course, Rudolph.

20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? Bear angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Eve at the in-laws.  Our family Christmas morning.  My parent's house next, then his family's.  Lots of gifts.  Complete with a birthday cake for Jesus!

22. Favorite children's Christmas song?  I Want A Hippopotomus For Christmas

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The overemphasis on gifts.  I'm all about the shopping, but the stress can be daunting.

24. Favorite ornament theme or color?  Like I said above, we usually do colors that match our living room (red/black).  But now that the girls make ornaments at school or church, I treasure those.

25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Why alienate one?  Both, I say!

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? It sounds selfish.  I only asked for diamond earrings.  But by diamond, I told Tony, the $9.99 kind at Walmart.  heheh.

27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? My dad wears a Santa hat when he passes our gifts.  So sweet!

28. Age you discovered who Santa was? Don't even TELL me Santa isn't real?!?!?

29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Eggnog latte from Sta*bucks

30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors?  For Christmas?  Red and green!

31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? Yep...lights are strung!

32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key?  Magic key!

33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? It depends on who it's from!  :)

34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon? Charlie Brown Christmas!

YOUR TURN!!

Description

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait!!wait!!wait!! In all fairness, those gold shoes were recycled from a gift I got from you!!! You started it! LOL But I must say, I love you and your stories. Sometimes they make me laugh and sometimes they make cry. But, they always make me love and cherish you even more!

Anonymous said...

I usually wear the Santa hat when I pass out gifts on Christmas day with our family.
Mimi