Settle in, I'm going to do a bulleted list of why I'm thankful this Thursday!
- I'm thankful it's Thursday. There's only one more day this week to get through.
- I'm thankful that Tony's Mamaw is still with us. She is very very very sick, and the Hospice nurse thought she'd probably pass away Monday. Well, she doesn't know our Mamaw. She's Wonder Woman. She has the strength of ten elephants. She was alert yesterday, and speaking. Praise God!
- I'm thankful for the witness that Mamaw is to us. She is a prayer warrior, for sure. What a wonderful child of God!
- I'm thankful I'll get to see her healed and happy in Heaven one day!
- I'm thankful for Junebug. I'm thankful that this little bug is alive and kicking (literally!). I'm thankful that he/she has outlived most babies in this situation. I'm thankful God is providing space where there is none. I'm thankful this baby is determined to LIVE!
- I'm thankful for Junebug's parents. I'm thankful that Bug's parents are strong, selfless, caring, and wise beyond their years. I'm thankful for their relationship with God. And I'm thankful that because of Bug, their relationship has gotten stronger with each other, and God.
- I'm thankful for a husband who is willing to stay up till midnight to put together bunk beds just to surprise the girls, and midnight two days later to pick up a cousin from the airport. And still going to work the next day! (By the way, he took Stinker with him because she had NEVER seen an airport in her 11 years of living. We love providing new experiences for her!)
- I'm thankful for family. Without them, I'd be lost.
- I'm thankful for new knowledge. I am learning so much about a special need that I had never really considered for adoption, and God is stirring my heart big time.
- I'm thankful for friends who have a heart for the orphan and come up with creative ideas on how to raise awareness and funding for orphan care programs.
- I'm thankful I have kids who complain, argue, bicker, apologize, hug, and make-up.
- I'm thankful I have kids who just flat make me laugh.
- I'm thankful I serve a mighty God who loves me unconditionally. When I mess up, He forgives me and still loves me.
- I'm thankful for coffee.
What about you? What are YOU thankful for?