Yes, both girls are in their toy basket. Big fun!
So this will just be a quick update of some of our life events...
- The girls got dedicated at Church Saturday night! It was a special time for us. Six months ago we couldn't imagine our lives this full, but Saturday night was the reality. Many of our friends and family came just for the three-minute ceremony. It just proved that our girls be raised by one big, loving village. And we're so thankful! (Thanks to Aunt Robin for hosting a dessert party afterwards at her house! It was perfect!) God is good and we wanted everyone to know that Abby and Laney are not ours, but our Heavenly Father's. Thank you for taking part in that!
- A HUGE THANKS to those of you who donated to the Yifeng SWI snow relief effort! Our girls were at the Yifeng SWI for the first 22 months of their lives and we're so thankful they were taken care of. You all stepped up and help make life even better there! Due to the recent snowstorms, they were without heat and needed to purchase some new heaters. Well, everyone gave above and beyond and they didn't just purchase three new heaters, but SIX new heaters! They were also able to purchase some formula and other necessities. YOU DID THIS! YOU SAVED KIDS' LIVES! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
- We FINALLY got Abby's Certificate of Citizenship corrected, which meant that we could get her SS card. Well, we received it last Thursday (we were getting our taxes done on Friday)! However, the lovely government made yet ANOTHER mistake. Both girls now have the SAME Social Security number!!!!! How frustrating! Thankfully, Tony got in contact with Congressman Pence's office (they offered to help us before---and did, on another occasion) and they are helping us work it out. It might take three weeks, but we'll take it! We know they wouldn't have been quite as apologetic if we called them. THANKS AGAIN to Congressman Pence's office! (Debbie you have been just great!)
- Since we know we'll get a little something back on taxes, we did go ahead and make a family purchase. NO, it wasn't a minivan! It was a nice camera. My mom got us our other digital camera and it has worked perfectly. However, you couldn't adjust the shutter speed and, man, these girls are fast. Tony found a great deal on a Cannon Rebel XT and we LOVE it. We've taken hundreds of pictures already! We just haven't figured out how to download them yet...or upload them, or whatever. So, no pictures from that camera this time. I'm sorry. But just wait until you see some of them. They're amazing!
- Otherwise, life has been great. The girls are growing every day. I am just flat amazed at their vocabulary too. Just when you think they can't communicate with you, they throw out a word like, lid, mickey mouse, house. They're amazing. I'll be sad to start back to work full-time next week.
Ok, that's it for now. I just had to post before I got chastised for the lack of updates! Have a great Tuesday and remainder of the week!