Saturday, December 13, 2008

Gonna Get Real

I'm tired of some people thinking I'm just another person with a "passion" that they'll humor listening to for a while. I'm tired of some people thinking that yes, my girls were orphans at one point, but that now they're not so we should move on. I'm tired of some people thinking that this orphan business doesn't affect their lives, so why should it matter? I'm tired of some people thinking I'll get bored with this and move on to something else. I'm tired of some people thinking they'd rather donate money to buy a child locally a toy, instead of donating blankets in Russia, or a heart surgery to save a life. Who said it was an either/or question? Why not do both? A child is a child. They all need us.

And bigger than that, we need them. We need them to know the love of God. A God so huge he cares enough orchestrate events to help us with employment. A God so huge he cares enough to pave the way for for a future surgeon to help heal an ailing loved one. A God huge enough to unite families that lived on two separate continents and several oceans apart. This is MY God. This is YOUR God. Aren't we blessed?

I'm SO blessed that I try do what God says. I try to be a good child. Am I perfect? No. Do I stumble? Yes. Fortunately my God loves me unconditionally and picks me up each time. He knows I try. One way I try is by following his instructions. James 1:27 says, Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. I can do that. I can't do much, but I CAN look after orphans. It doesn't mean adopt every child (though I would if He told me to!), it just means be faithful by them. As a friend of mine Linny typed, "Till my last breath" I want to know I have done all I can for those children that are the face of MY children.

I'm tired of a lot...but I'm thankful for a lot too. I'm thankful for the beatiful family God raised me in and blessed me with. I am thankful for the Godly man I am married to. I'm thankful for his Godly family as well. I'm thankful for my perfect children that not only God created in His image, but that He loaned them to me! I'm thankful for a loving and supportive family who understands the needs out there and are willing to follow me (or my blog) to the ends of the earth while I try to do what I can. I'm thankful for friends who listen to my endless hopes, dreams, and wishes and challenge me to try. I am just so stinkin' thankful.

Regarding God's command...it's hard to wrap our minds around that ridiculous number of 143,000,000 orphans that there are worldwide. Here's a YouTube video to watch to help us get a handle on it. It's time my friends, to get real.

Description

5 comments:

Chris and Sarah said...

GO GIRL!!! I love, love, love this post.

Anonymous said...

DEAR RETT,TO MY YOUNGEST DAUGHTER,MAY I TELL YOU HOW MUCH YOU HAVE GROWN , BOTH IN YOUR ROLE AS A PARENT AND THE LOVE OF YOUR GOD. AS I READ THE WISDOM OF YOUR STORY AND THE FAITH YOU HAVE IN OUR GOD SOMEHOW I KNOW ALL IS WELL IN YOUR WORLD. MAY BOTH YOUR FAITH AND YOUR WISDOM KEEP YOU FOREVER IN GODS PLAN. AND ALWAYS REMENBER IT DOES TAKE A VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD SO GOD HAS MANY VILLIAGES AND GOOD PEOPLE IN THEM TO FULLFILL ALL OF OUR NEEDS , ALL WE NEED TO DO IS ASK HIM. SO IN YOUR QUEST TO UNITE PEOPLE TO HELP, JUST ASK. AS FOR MY FAITH IN YOU I KNOW YOU WILL ASK AND RECEIVE. WE ARE TRULY BLESSED BY YOUR FAITH, AND THANK GOD FOR THAT. WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH AND AM VERY PROUD TO SAY, THANK GOD FOR YOU....LOVE YOU AND YOURS FOREVER, MOM AND DAD SADLER.

IzzyBeth said...

I for one, am thankful for your passion - and I share it with you. Children (and animals) everywhere are hurting and in need and we should do what we can to help.

Love you guys!

Jean said...

I love this post!! Tell it like it is ! Blessings to you and your wonderful family!
Jean from MN
journey to me- Sarah Grace Jiangming!

Mom Of Many said...

Preach it sister!! You rock!! love, Linny