Sunday, August 13, 2006

Christmas Eve

Oh my, it feels like Christmas Eve. Not the Christmas Eves as an adult, but the Eves of long ago. The kind where you are getting ready to go to bed, you've left out the milk and cookies, you've checked under the tree one more time, and you're off to try and pretend you'll be getting a good night's sleep. My stomach is all a flutter, my mind is racing, and I absolutely cannot WAIT for school to start tomorrow. I know, I know, I moan, and I groan, but it was all a front. It was just an act so everyone wouldn't think I went nuts!

The reason for all this emotional dribble? I feel like we're finally at the top of the roller coaster. You know, the part where you hear the last click........click.....click..............and you get the first glimpse of the ENORMOUS hill you're about to fly down. I KNOW we have months and months of waiting ahead of us. And I KNOW we have no idea what we're about to get ourselves into with raising a child. I KNOW we're totally not prepared to NOT sleep in any more, NOT just pick up and go, and to NOT be the carefree couple we are. BUT ALL THAT DOESN'T matter! This is it...no turning back now! The only way off the roller coaster is to finish the ride!

The start of the school year means that time will no longer stand still. Our months of waiting will not slowly creep by like the turtle at the top of the screen. They'll fly! August leads to Fall Break (and local town festivals), to Halloween, to Thanksgiving, to Christmas, to Valentine's Day, to Spring Break, to May, to ABBY!

Shoooo, ok, so I so will NOT be this excited a week from now, but come on, jump on the roller coaster with us! Abby-girl, we are coming to get you soon. Hang tight baby girl! Mommy's got a few kids to teach, Daddy's got some City problems to solve, and we'll be there as soon as we can!

Description

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEAR SWEETIE PIE, I HAVE TO TELL YOU I GET SO EXCITED TO READ YOUR BLOG. IT FEELS LIKE I AM READING A GREAT BOOK AND I DON'T WANT TO PUT IT DOWN BECAUSE I WANT TO READ ON AND SEE WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING. OUR LITTLE ABBY GIRL IS IN FOR THE GREATEST TIME OF HER LIFE WITH THE TWO GREATEST PARENTS INTHE WORLD. HER MOTHER WILL TAKE HER TO ALL THE PLACES LITTLE CHILDREN HAVE THE MOST FUN IN AND HER DADDY WILL HAVE THE TIME OF HIS LIFE TRYING TO KEEP THEM BOTH GROUNDED AND MAY THE LAUGHTER RING ALL THRU THE HOUSE FOREVER.TO BE A PART OF THIS WONDERFUL JOURNEY IS TRULY BEING BLESSED SO I WILL END BY SAYING , THANKS FOR LETTING US RIDE THE ROLLER COASTER WITH YOU AND OUR ABBY GIRL. LOVE YOU AND ALL OF YOUR DRIBBLE, MOM AND DAD SADLER

Anonymous said...

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Anonymous said...

WOW, take that girl off of caffeine.

The best part about not sleeping in any more is taking naps in the afternoon with your baby beside you. Either on the floor, bed or couch. To lie there and smell their sweet essence. It is a wonderful time. Enjoy it because as soon as they walk, they are to busy for cuddles and snuggles most of the time.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read zocor 80 variable response over time Cisco 2700 call centers philippines hiring Stephen gorham robbery oxycontin Flowers san jose california Account merchant source Fahrenheit diet pill news airbrushed shirt Cash+advance+oregon cpu preise