Friday, April 01, 2011

Oliver Matthew Junebug

Olliver Matthew Junebug was born on March 30, 2011.  He weighed in at 2 lbs 8 oz. at a whopping 13.75 inches long.  Oh, and he was PERFECT.

Once I upload pictures, I'll prove it to you.

He was gorgeous.  I could have snuggled him for days.  But we didn't get to.

Oliver started giggling in heaven a mere hour and 40 minutes later. 

But that's a miracle.

Our fasting and praying WORKED.

This sweet little guy with super underdeveloped lungs lived for an HOUR AND 40 MINUTES!  He was not struggling.  He did not gasp for air.  He simply rested against his mommy's chest and soaked up the love.  Daddy got his share with Oliver too.  And they invited us, the family, to come in and whisper sweet lovin' to him too. 

How blessed are we?

Every time my heart aches to see him, God reminds me that he granted us time we never thought we'd have.

But we're human.  Sometimes it still hurts.

Little Ollie.

My newest nephew.

Thank you, Jesus for your blessings.

I know you'll take better care of him than we ever would. 

And to my gorgeous nephew,

You, buddy, rock.  You were a fighter from day 1.  You knew there was lots of fun to be had both inside and outside of Mommy.  So you fought.  But Jesus had different plans for you.  And I'm thankful.  You won't have to deal with the junk in life.  You were and are now perfect. 

Have fun with Mamaw and Tressel.  Get in lots of trouble with your Papaw's too, ok?  And watch over us here.  If you can, help ease your mommy and daddy's pain.  It sure is hard without you.

I cannot wait to see you again.  You'll be able to tell me all the secrets that nephews tell their aunts. 

Until we meet again...I love you.

Love,
Auntie Rett

Description

3 comments:

Kjbikakis said...

A little fighter Mister Ollie was. This post brought tears to my eyes. I've been following along one Oliver's journey since you announced. My love and prayers go out to Oliver's parents, and to Ollie himself, that he enjoys himself.
Lots of love, and God Bless.
-Kirstie

Mark and Melanie said...

Thanks for sharing with us, Rett! Your family is in my prayers....

Adeye said...

Oh goodness, I have tears. I am so ready for heaven, friend....when every tear will be wiped away and there will be NO sorrow.

Praying for your sweet family and asking the Father you hold you all tight.