Sunday, August 30, 2009

Row that Boat, Santa Kitty!

A child's perspective can be so clear, so innocent, so true. Here is the version of "Row, Row, Row, Your Boat" that the girls sing.


Row, row row your boat,
Gently down the streaaaam!
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is ABOUT a dream!!!!

No, not "Life is BUT a dream..." But ABOUT a dream. And you know what? They're SO right. Life is about a dream. A dream to do and be the best person for God we can be. At least, that's the way I see it. So precious!


----------------------------

Tonight, before the girls went to bed, I asked them what they wanted to be when they grow up.

Abby's answer: Santa Claus
My thoughts: Totally possible! Abby is the epitome of Santa. She has a heart that is so big. She is extremely giving, and will often put others needs before hers. And she loves children. Let's just pray she ditches the white beard!

Laney's answer: A kitty cat
My thoughts: She is already channeling the spirit of cats. She's extremely fickle. She loves to groom herself. (She recently said, "When you're done with my hair, will I be stylish?" And when she gets her way, she nearly purrs!

Just some three year old joys I wanted to share!

-----------------------------
OH--and yesterday, I took Cooper the Wonderpuppy to the vet (doggie doctor in twinoddler terms) for his second round of shots. (MUCH better this time-except for pooping in the waiting room...um, Cooper, not the girls) While we were there, I spotted the big pad scale they use to weigh the dogs. So, like any good Mama, I told the girls to hop on up there to see what they weighed. (Didn't get caught either!) heeh...the stats are below, if you were curious!
Cooper
Age: 4 months old
Weight: 7 pounds
Abby
Age: 3 years (turns 4 in Jan.)
Weight: 30 pounds
Laney
Age: 3 years (turns 4 in Jan.)
Weight: 29 pounds

Have a great week! Enjoy some fun pictures from our summer!
Our first "camp out" on our living room floor!

We are WAY too cool for this firetruck you posed us in front of!

Our cousin Jarrett is WAY fun. He comes up with silly games all the time!

Description

4 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Those little girls are not only adorable but also....hilarious! I love it. Soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

I See ...Abby with her giving heart as a caregiver of some sorts,nurse,or doctor,ect. As for Laney, I see her as a high ranking lady boss of a large company or a C.E.O. with her sharp mind. And I see you and Tony as very proud parents and also very tired from trying to keep up with them.The rest of their family I see happy to just go along for the fun ride. Love you all to the moon and back. MOM AND DAD SADLER

Adeye said...

Unbelievably adorable!!!!

So sweet :)

Chris and Sarah said...

Don't worry they tell our kids to hop on the scale.

Glad things went better this time for Cooper. I always wondered how many dogs poop and pee in there.