Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Thankful Thursday, on Wednesday

Yes, I do know my days of the week, but it seems that I'm thankful on other days than Thursday...so I just have to post!

Today, my friends, I'm thankful I'm sick. Yes, you read that right. I have a raging sinus infection and double pink eye, but I'm thankful. I'm thankful I have a job that gives me sick days to take without penalty. I'm thankful that I have coworkers that will help pick up the slack when my sub plans are way below par due to the sickness. And I'm thankful I can pick back up where I left off tomorrow at work. I'm thankful for a specific coworker who shared her pink eye medicine...it seems to be working!

I'm thankful that God's timing is perfect with this sickness. I called my principal last night, to schedule today off. And then, in the middle of the night, Abby stumbled into our room not feeling well, and with a fever. YAY! Not yay that she's sick. But YAY that I had already planned on being home!

While I'm on a roll with this sickness, I'm thankful for my huband. He's currently at the doctor with Abby. I'm thankful he has a job and an employer that believes in family first. I'm thankful for the gift of healing that our doctor has. And I'm also thankful for my sister who was willing to come over and pick up Laney today. I decided to keep her here among the sickies (I know, probably bad idea) because Abby will perk up, she always does, and will want to play. Abby will be lost without her sister here. And I'm enjoying some bonus time with the girls today, even if I don't feel 100%.

Speaking of Abby, that girl's heart is just so sweet. She climbed in bed with us last night and immediately asked ME how I was feeling! She was concerned about ME. Even with a fever of 102, she was worried about me! Bless her heart. This morning, after Tony left for work, she ambled into the kitchen where I was making oatmeal. She had been dozing up until this point. The very first words out of her mouth this morning were, "How are you feeling, Mama?" She had asked ME before I could even ask HER! Her tenderness makes me want to cry!

So, today. I'm thankful for sickness. This sickness. Today, right now.

Sorry, no pictures though. NO ONE wants to see us sick. NOT PRETTY!

Description

5 comments:

Shonni said...

I do hope that you all feel better soon!

IzzyBeth said...

Wow. I've never been thankful for being sick. I'm so glad you have a reason to be! Feel better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sweet Tater,you can never say too much how thaankful you are.EVERYDAY, AND EVERYWAY. Hope you all get to feeling better. kiss the girls and tell all ,..love and kisses.mom p.s.Love you"all to the moon and back

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Well my goodness...I've never heard anyone be thankful for pink eye! But I have to say, it's contagious! The thankfulness, I mean. Well, and the pink eye too.

Get well sooooon (or not so soon, whatever your little heart desires!)!

Princess, Daughter of the King said...

Will be praying for you!