Thursday, December 24, 2009

Twelve Days of Christmas-9, 10, 11, 12

Day 9-What I Want For Christmas This Year

Again, SO many paths I could go with this one.  Thoughtful response?  NO MORE ORPHANS.  Yep, that's what I want.  Think Santa can arrange that?  If so, that's what I want?

A little closer to home, I want 2010 to be a year of joy with my daughter, my husband, and my family.  Which leads me to a prayer that I have for God.  Please, God to reveal to us what Your plan for our family is.  Should we grow our family?  If so, girl or boy?  Age?  From where?  God, let our hearts beat like Yours.  You know who our next child is.  We trust you.  Reveal the child to us.  Give us the faith to step forward and pursue our child.  If Your plan is to step out in faith job-wise, or location-wise, give us the strength to do that as well.  I just pray we're open to Your plan! 

If I were to think about what I want materially, I honestly do not know.  I didn't give anyone a list.  I am so happy with whatever I get.  I know my parents were getting us a family membership to a local children's museum, and I'm super pumped about that.  But really, I just LOVE the season, I don't have any one big thing on my list!

Day 10-What is one holiday tradition or task you somewhat dread?

Ok, Day 10 was something else, but I really addressed it on another day, so I made this one up.  I'm going to be honest with you, here.  The one task of the holiday season I despise more than anything is writing and sending out Christmas cards.  It's not even the writing inside the cards.  Or choosing the cards (that's fun!) It's the addressing the cards.  We got smart and have a simple database of addresses, and Tony can easily crank out labels, but I LOATHE addressing the envelopes.  So tedious.  Sounds ridiculous, but that's the only thing I dread all season long!

So now, I have got to know...what do YOU want this year?

What is one holiday tradition or task that you dread?  Come on, be honest!

Day 11--What I don't take for granted this Christmas.

This one is easy and short.  I don't take ANYTHING for granted this Christmas.  My family is whole once again.  We've packed every little tradition and event possible in this season.  We have done everything from looking at Christmas lights, to our Christmas Eve Eve midnight run to Walmart w/ the family.  I have tried to take a mental (or actual) picture of every situation.  Who knows what 2010 will hold, so I'm soaking up every second.  What about you?

Day 12-My Christmas Wish For You

I wish for total peace and joy this holiday season.  I pray your family grows closer, and your focus on Christ stronger.  I pray that challenges in your family, get overcome.  Sins forgiven.  I pray for God to use you in big ways in 2010. 

Have a fantastic Christ-filled Christmas and a fantastic New Year! 

Love you all!

Description

No comments: