Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Twelve Days of Christmas

Fourth Day of Christmas-The Best Christmas Present I Ever Received

Hmmm, this is a tough one.  I remember lots of gifts, and yet barely any at the same time.  I know that doesn't make sense.  But, my parents were good to me.  I was spoiled.  I'm admitting it.  I was flat spoiled.  Like a former post mentioned, I remember getting an awesome pink and grey 10-speed bike.  I also remember getting a huge stereo system. 

I mentioned yesterday about GIVING a car as a gift...but one of the best gifts I ever got WAS a car!  A '78 Monte Carlo (I think).

Want to know what I remember most?  Two things.  First was the pride on my parents faces.  They did this.  They found it, painted it, gave it.  They provided for me.  The second memory I have attached to that car is driving to my grandma's apartment in it on Christmas Day.  I distinctly remember being as careful as can be.  I even remember pulling in her lot and that there was snow on the ground.  It was so pretty.  And I was driving my car. THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!

That is my material answer.  My emotional answer would have to do with when I became a mom right before Thanksgiving.  Then, the best gift I received was that first Christmas as a family.  I "got" the emotion of seeing them Christmas morning.  The blessing of giving to them.  The joy of sharing the story of Jesus with them.  My daughters.  My heart! 

Well, I heard about Kristy's Barbie Dream house.  And about Sarah's gift of receiving and giving.  But what about you?  What is one of your treasured gift memories?

Description

No comments: